Meet Our Team
Andy and Heather have been involved in music ministry since their childhood and have held a leadership role for the choir and band since 2000. They are blessed to work with such dedicated individuals in the choir, praise team, and band. These groups allow God’s anointing to flow through them, leading the congregation into the throne room for healings, restoration, and a timely word. Come and be blessed! Join us in worship of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Ignite Student Ministries is a growing and extremely active ministry of GCUPC. Our students, ages 12-18, are involved in nearly weekly activities and services that connect them first to God and second to other Christian students. ISM’s desire is to cultivate and equip an exceptional and powerful group of students to carry the banner of Christ to a world that so desperately needs it. Our students grow because of the biblical principles and values that are taught in our services. Our students are given the opportunity to be involved in our services to develop their giftings and abilities so that they might be used for the glory of God. ISM offers a variety of exciting opportunities to connect: game nights, youth services, youth camps, youth conventions etc. Visit our church calendar to see a list of upcoming events.
Junior Youth Pastors
We are honored to serve as Junior Youth Pastors for children ages 7-11 here at GCUPC. We have been married for 17 years and have been blessed to work with youth and Jr. Youth since 2009. It is through this experience that we realize the importance of getting kids involved in church at a young age. We look forward to working with your children and are excited about what God is going to do. Proverbs 22:6 -Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. The Jr. Youth is the church of tomorrow. Our goal is to train up this next generation to carry on the banner of truth for future generations. Our vision is to have a Jr. Youth group that is involved and on fire for God! We have children’s church on Wednesday nights. Two Fridays per month we have activities gym nights and occasional other activities. We invite you to bring your kids and let them get involved!
Sunday School Director
GCUPC’s Sunday School department offers classes from age one until graduation from high school. Your children will learn biblical truths about salvation and Christian living, preparing them for their roles in God’s kingdom. As a part of Sunday School, your children will also have the opportunity to participate in children’s choir, signing, and Vacation Bible School. Come and be a part of learning and fun!
Home Builders Directors
The Home Builders department of Gate City United Pentecostal Church is geared to help build stronger families! We know that strong families make strong churches. Anyone who is married or single and still has children living at home fall into this department. Anytime we have an outing or get-together, the whole family is invited. No family divided! Our parties always include infants, children, youth, young adults (still living at home) and adults. We believe that team work makes the dream work!
Over the years, Christianity has suffered a great loss of young adults between the ages of 18-30 years. This particular age group, more than any other, was left nearly abandoned after aging out of the typical “Youth Group” age but not yet at the same stage of life as other adults. Hence the creation of a ministry in the UPCI directed specifically towards young adults. The name chosen was “Hyphen” and this name was meant to represent the phase that many young adults find themselves in, but it also served to symbolize the connections needed to keep them secure in their Apostolic faith. At GCUPC we have a young adult ministry that connects like aged adults to a small group where they can fellowship, grow and find their purpose and calling of God in an environment created specifically for them. We gather for small group meetings, game nights and outings as well Bible Study and prayer services.If you are a young adult looking for good wholesome fun with others your age, seeking to further your relationship with God or looking for a purpose to life, we invite you to connect with our Hyphen group today.
Care Ministry Directors
Darrin and Kim oversee the GCUPC Care Group Leaders. These Group Leaders are responsible for creating closeness and caring for the people within their groups through prayer, visitation, phone contact, etc.
The Hospitality Department is here to serve you, our guests. From the time you come onto our parking lot, there will be someone available to help you park. When you enter the door, our greeters will graciously welcome you and answer any questions you may have. Then you will be directed to our ushers, who will help you find a seat and assist you with any needs you may have. It’s our goal to make your visit an enjoyable one and we will do our best to make that happen!
Bible Quizzing Coordinator
Bible quizzing at Gate City United Pentecostal Church targets children and students between the ages of 5 and 18. There are four divisions of Bible quizzing and we work diligently with each age group. Bible quizzing is a ministry that is geared to help children aggressively hide the word of God in their heart while parents work alongside them in their memorization. We have often seen Bible quizzing become a tool to equip our children to become better students and better Saints! Statistics of Bible quizzing show that a child who quizzes anywhere between three and five years consecutively has a 95% chance of staying in the church for the rest of their life. Of the 5% who do not fall in that category, 87% return to the Lord in their adult years. This is the greatest ministry in the church today! It is a ministry that targets quality time and effective teaching to our children and student ministries.
As Care Director, I organize and assist the awesome ladies of Gate City UPC by providing food, flowers, and prayers during those happy and sad events of our church member’s lives. When you are hurting, we are there to help you carry your load. It is my privilege to follow in the steps of a precious lady, Ivadell Vernon, who held this position prior to me. I may never be able to be completely like her, but I will try. #ServeGreater
The GCUPC Media Team executes technology for our wonderful worship services. We are responsible for all aspects of technical production for services at GCUPC including Video, Media, and Live Service Streaming. We design graphics for sermons and advertisements including, upcoming events, FaceBook posts, direct mailers, outreach literature, business cards and other items as requested.
Gate City Christian School is a K4-12th ABEKA based school offering a Christian education to today’s youth. Athletic programs for both boys and girls are available. Call 276-386-3711 for more information.